DOPL’s Construction Caravan
DOPL recently went to Heber City to teach Contractors, Electricians, and Plumbers about changes to professional licensing laws related to their profession, the new Construction Business Registry, and the top unlawful and unprofessional conduct issues within the profession.
This is just one of a series of stops DOPL is making on their “Construction Caravan” this spring. These courses provide free Continuing Education credits to the attendees, allows DOPL to educate licensees on key licensing topics not being covered by other continuing education courses, and provides a rare opportunity for licensees in rural areas to interact with division leadership, which is beneficial for both parties.
OPRO April Trainings
OPRO regularly conducts trainings to town planners, local political leaders, and citizens across Utah. With the recent wrap-up of the latest legislative session, much of their work is focused on helping folks understand the new land use laws and how they affect property rights and application procedures right now. OPRO serves all of Utah, and spent some time in Wayne County and St. George in addition to several events along the Wasatch Front.
OPRO conducted trainings on:
- Impact Fees for Schools (Utah Facilities Operation & Maintenance Association),
- Code Enforcement Best Practices (Wayne County mayors and commissioners),
- Legislative and case law update (International Right of Way Association) and
- Land Use Basics – An Overview of the Law fulfills part of the Planning Commissioner 4-hour annual training requirement] (Utah Land Use Institute spring conference in St. George).
- Illegal Exactions (Utah Home Builders Association)
- Introduction to Land Use & Agriculture (Utah State University)
- They also attended the Utah League of Cities and Towns Mid-Year Conference in St. George where there were 530 attendees.